The Sick Children’s Trust prize draw Terms and Conditions
PRIZE DRAW COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”)
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to anyone entering the online prize draw or free postal entry prize draw (“the Prize Draw”) promoted by The Sick Children’s Trust (the “Charity”). By entering the Prize Draw you (“You”, the “Entrant”) accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. If You do not accept the Terms and Conditions, You should not enter the Prize Draw. To the extent that there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions on the relevant Prize Draw webpage, the terms and conditions on the relevant Prize Draw webpage shall take precedence.
1. Prize Draw
- The Prize Draw is promoted by the Charity.
- Givergy Ltd provides the technology and administration for the online prize draw.
- Givergy Ltd shall receive a fee for these online services. Please see paragraph 14 for further detail.
2. Eligible Entrants
- All entrants must be resident in Great Britain and at least 18 years old.
- In entering the Prize Draw, You confirm that You are eligible to enter and to claim the prize. The Charity may require You to provide proof that You are eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
- Employees of the Charity, Givergy Ltd and their immediate families or households cannot enter the Prize Draw.
- The prize is listed on the relevant prize draw webpage.
- The Charity reserves the right to substitute a prize with an alternative and equivalent prize in its sole discretion if circumstances beyond their control makes it necessary to do so.
- The prize is not transferable.
4. How to enter
- The opening and closing dates of the Prize Draw are as specified on the relevant prize draw webpage and The Charity webpage. These dates will not be extended under any circumstances.
- Online entry: Entrants can enter the prize draw by creating an online account and purchasing a ticket or multiple tickets. Each ticket purchased will count as an entry to the Prize Draw. Entrants may make multiple entries and may enter more than one prize draw at a time. Internet access and a valid email address are required.
- Free entry route: Entrants can enter for free by post, please see the terms on the relevant prize draw webpage and The Charity webpage for full requirements and deadlines of receipt. Each letter
sent to the address specified in the relevant terms and within the deadline counts as one entry into the prize draw.
- Please note that these are the only methods by which to enter the prize draw. Entries submitted in any other way will not be accepted.
- Save in the event of our negligence, all Prize Draw entries received after the closing date are automatically disqualified.
- On purchase of a ticket (online only), You will receive an email confirming your payment.
5. Selection of winner
- All valid entries will be entered into a draw on the date specified on the prize draw webpage, and the winning entrant will be selected at random by a computer process that produces verifiably random results.
6. Personal data
- The Charity and Givergy Ltd will process your personal data specifically for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw and for them to contact you at the close of the Prize Draw if you have won, to give full details of your prize and how to arrange or obtain the prize.
7. Contacting the winner
- Within 2 days of the winner being selected, they will be contacted using the email address and phone number provided by them.
- If a winning Entrant fails to accept their prize for whatever reason within 30 days of Givergy Ltd or the Charity sending them an email, the prize will be given to a subsequent winning entrant, who will be selected in the same way as the first.
- The winner will be required to provide a postal address for the purpose of receiving their prize.
- The cash prize will be paid via a cheque which will be sent within 21 days of the winner providing a valid postal address. Payment will not be made via any other means and cannot be made to anyone other than the winner.
8. Winner announcement
- The Charity will announce the surname and country of a winner unless You object.
- If You object to your information being published if You win or want to reduce the amount of information published please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, the Charity may still provide this information to a competent regulator (or similar body such as the Advertising Standards Authority) on request.
9. Eligibility checks
- The Charity or Host reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Charity or Host may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Charity or Host is satisfied with the verification.
10. Entrant only
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void.
11. Lost or Damaged entries
- Save in the event of our negligence, no responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- All disputes or complaints relating to the Prize Draw should be referred to the Charity at email@example.com. Please include the details of the Prize Draw, the Charity and the nature of your complaint and Givergy Ltd will respond to Your complaint within 14 days of receipt. If your query or complaint relates to a data protection issue, then please email Givergy’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Limitation of Liability
- The Charity (including their employees, affiliates and volunteers) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any person for any loss or damage occurring in connection with this prize draw, any Entrants use of the site or as a result of taking up, receiving or using the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Charity or their agents, distributors or employees, or where it cannot be excluded by the law (including liability for fraud or death or personal injury arising from negligence).
- The Charity acting reasonably reserves the right to void, suspend, cancel or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do.
- Givergy Ltd will charge a fee of up to 15% of the price of each ticket sold for the marketing and running of the Prize Draw, including to cover any card payment fees and providing the system to enable the Prize Draw to take place. The remaining amount of all entry fees received in the Prize Draw go to the Charity.
- Upon reasonable request, the Charity will make available to entrants a current or final total of contributions made to the charity.
15. Variation of Terms
- The Terms and Conditions current when a prize draw began will apply throughout the prize draw.
16. Third Party Rights
- No person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have any right to enforce any term of this Agreement.
17. Applicable Law
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law, and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of this prize draw in the English courts. If you live in Wales, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of this prize draw in courts in England or Wales. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of this prize draw in either the Scottish or the English courts.
18. Refunds Policy
- Due to the nature of the prize draws the Charity does not provide refunds for any reason whatsoever unless such refund is required to be made by law. Monies are raised for the Charity and (except for the fee set out in clause 14) go towards the Charity’s purpose. However, where there is a valid complaint and the Charity deems that a refund or part refund is appropriate, or where such refund is required to be made by law, the Charity will liaise directly with the Entrant. All complaints must be referred to the Charity at email@example.com in the first instance.
Questions or Concerns
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Charity at firstname.lastname@example.org